Sunday 6 June 2010

Big Fish, Little Fish

I hate Sunday afternoons. Simply because they are boring and everything I do on Sundays became kind of routine. Especially a habit of studying. Well today I got up at 11 and randomly leafed through POP magazine issue 21. The fact I was/am supposed to read chemistry books because tomorrow I've got a test. Anyways when I saw these photos, I just fall in love with these. I not only used to love Disney film 'Beauty and the Beast' or something really fairy but also I marvel both 'Edgy' and 'Old-fashioned' are weirdly coexist in these photos. I mean I've thought 'Edgy' and 'Old-fashioned' are completely different things..
I've been interested in patchwork (quilts) since I went to Victoria and Albert museum's exhibition called 'Quilts: 1700 - 2010' in London two months ago. Actually I made a bag used by patchwork technique in CDT lesson . So I know how hard patchwork processes are. Well in this photo: tweed patchwork skirt by Chanel, Bridge cotton jacket by Paul Smith.

In this photo: Clutch bag by Nancy Gonzalez, Lace hat by Rizvi Millinery

In this photo: Trench coat and white shoes (left) by Burberry Prorsum, White bag by Dolce & Gabbana, Brown shoes (right) by Sergion Ross.


5 comments:

  1. These images are amazing! I love the boxiness!!

    Charlotte xx

    The Style Rail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment! Your blog looks great, and Love this post! Gotta get myself a POP issue, it's been way too long. http://bloggamonsta.blogspot.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely interesting photographs, really high fashion. They really capture the "boxy" style in an obvious way. Nice blog so far! (: follow me back! http://www.amylovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting post!
    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are great, I do also like quilting. Very interesting the way such an old craft is constantly reinvented.
    - thank you for your lovely comment,

    xx Vanessa

    ReplyDelete